FUSO CHEMICAL supplies high-quality products to the world through technology. At the same time, we are aware of our social responsibilities as an enterprise. We work to preserve the environment and prevent pollution, and our company motto is “Limitless Progress and Creation.”
1. Throughout the full scope of our business activities, we are continuously aware of their environmental impact, and we promote environmental preservation and pollution prevention.
2. We strive to enhance our environmental management with strict adherence to relevant laws and regulations, with consideration given to social needs.
3. To the extent permitted by technology and economics, we minimize emissions of CO2 and environmental pollutants, reduce industrial waste, and promote recycling as part of our activities to preserve the environment, and strive continuously to enhance their effectiveness.
4. We work to educate our employees and heighten their awareness concerning environmental preservation.
5. All employees are made aware of this policy and commit publically to follow it.
Revised July 1, 2015
Activities to Benefit the Environment
Business Operator Classification Evaluation System
In 2016, to further encourage factory and other energy-consuming facility operators to achieve even greater energy efficiency, Japan’s Agency for Natural Resources and Energy initiated its Business Operator Classification Evaluation System.
Under this approach, enterprises making regular reports to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, as required by the Energy Conservation Law, are segregated into four classes (S, A, B, C, with outstanding enterprises announced to the public. In fiscal 2016 and 2017, FUSO was recognized under this system for its energy conservation efforts to date, and due to the advanced nature of those activities, was designated a Class S enterprise.
Going forward, we will continue working to reduce our environmental impact and contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
Note: Under the Business Operator Classification Evaluation System, enterprises satisfying either of (1) or (2) below are designated publically as Superior Energy-conserving Enterprises (Class S).
(1) The standard basic unit of energy consumption or the equalized standard basic unit of energy demanded has declined by at least 1% on average over the most recent five years
(2) The required benchmark index has been achieved (for benchmark-system enterprise types and fields only)
For more information on the Business Operator Classification Evaluation System, please see http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/category/saving_and_new/saving/classify/(Agency for Natural Resources and Energy website, text in Japanese)
Acquired KES (Kyoto Environmental Standard) Step 2
KES is an environmental management system standard developed in the home of the Kyoto Protocol. The system is structured using the basic concept of ISO14001, the international standard for environmental management systems.
Based on environmental management system inspection, our Kyoto Plant (First and Second Factory) meets the KES Step 2 standard.
FUSO CHEMICAL supplies high-quality products to the world through technology. At the same time, we are aware of our social responsibilities as an enterprise. We work to preserve the environment and prevent pollution, and our corporate credo is “Limitless Progress and Creation.”
Reference: For further details regarding KES, please visit http://www.keskyoto.org/(text in Japanese)
Converting to LEDs to Reduce Our Environmental Load
FUSO CHEMICAL is aware of its social responsibilities as an enterprise, and works to preserve the environment and prevent atmospheric pollution. Consequently, we are actively promoting LED conversion in our offices.
In our Tokyo Head Office, we converted approximately 82% of our conventional fluorescent tubes to LED lighting. In particular, all areas of the office that are illuminated at all times during working hours were converted to LED lighting. The use of LED lighting in our Tokyo Head Office is expected to achieve a 60% reduction in CO2 emissions compared to the conventional fluorescent tubes that were replaced. In addition, the new lighting will not require replacement for approximately 10 years, which will contribute to a reduction in waste. Since the office is now better illuminated, the LEDs are also contributing to an improved office environment.
The Kyoto office has achieved an overall rate of LED conversion of 94%. To protect the global environment, FUSO CHEMICAL will continue its eco-oriented corporate activities.