Goal of the Life Science Business Unit: Develop food additives to reduce food waste and loss.
Goal of the Electronic Materials Business Unit: Develop and produce ultra-high-purity colloidal silica to contribute to the increased precision and performance of devices, and in turn contribute to the development of social infrastructure.
2. ZERO HUNGER
● Develop biostimulants (formulations that boost plants’ tolerance to abiotic stress) to maximize the innate natural power of plants and their environs, and in this way positively influence their robustness, stress tolerance, yield and quality, and post-harvest condition. (Life Science Business Unit)
● Provide safe, high-quality food additives and compounding agents to contribute to the reduction of food waste and loss. (Life Science Business Unit)
3. GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
● Actively seek to enhance employee welfare to ensure the physical well-being of our employees, and by doing so contribute to improved workforce productivity.
4. QUALITY EDUCATION
● Build a training system to enhance employee education, and in turn contribute to improved workforce productivity. Provide learning opportunities for students through scholarships and other means. Continue to regularly take on new employees and support business skill development by, among other initiatives, promoting the acquisition of qualifications.
5. GENDER EQUALITY
● Promote active roles for female employees and equal pay for equal work to create an environment in which employees are evaluated and trained the same.
7. AFFORDABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY
● Develop and provide highly functional colloidal silica to contribute to the miniaturization and increased performance of semiconductor devices, and thereby contribute to the development of electric power infrastructure and promote use of renewable energy. (Electronic Materials Business Unit)
● Promote energy conservation at each of our production site s and expand use of renewable energy.
8. DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
● Promote a balance between work and childcare/nursing care, reduce total working hours, and improve work infrastructure and IT environments to contribute to a stress-free, comfortable working environment with increased workforce productivity.
9. INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
● Develop and provide highly functional colloidal silica to contribute to the miniaturization and increased performance of semiconductor devices, and in turn contribute to the development of industry. (Electronic Materials Business Unit)
● Promote capital investment and technological innovation to develop new products, and expand employment.
11. SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
● Continue to develop our production sites to contribute to regional revitalization, and build positive relationships with surrounding communities.
12. RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
● Develop food additive formulations to maintain the quality of processed foods, and in turn contribute to the reduction of food waste and loss. Maintain and enhance the safety and quality of the food additives we produce. (Life Science Business Unit)
● Minimize our environmental impact by reducing the volume of carbon dioxide, PRTR substances, and greenhouse gases we release into the atmosphere and in wastewater. Reduce amount of waste to be processed Appropriately dispose of industrial waste, and expand the volume of waste we collect and recycle.
13. CLIMATE ACTION
● Achieve our energy conservation and carbon dioxide emissions targets throughout the supply chain.
14. LIFE BELOW WATER
● Observe wastewater regulations and reduce our environmental impact.
15. LIFE ON LAND
● Promote the reduction of industrial waste, and reduce landfill waste to preserve mountainous regions.